This RingCentral Video Free Privacy Notice explains how and why we collect, use and share your personal data through your interaction with the RingCentral Video Free service. This notice also describes your choices regarding use, access, deletion and correction of your personal information. Information about RingCentral’s collection and processing of personal information in connection with other RingCentral offerings (which are specifically designed for business or educational uses) is available here.
- Key Definitions
- How We Gather Personal Information
- Categories of Personal Information We Collect and Use
- Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
- Your Privacy Rights
- Third Party Sites
- Blogs and Forums
- Data Retention
- International Data Transfers
- Children’s Privacy
- Updates to the Notice
- Contact Us
- We collect your personal information when you actively provide it to us. For example, users directly give us personal information when signing up for a RingCentral Video Free account, communicating with RingCentral, responding to surveys, participating in events or promotions, or modifying an account profile.
- We may also collect personal information about you when another user actively provides it to us. For example, if an account holder invites you to a RingCentral Video Free meeting using the RingCentral Video Free platform, RingCentral would collect your email address.
- We may automatically collect personal information from you as you use the RingCentral Video Free service, including by participating in meetings.
- You or another user may use the RingCentral Video Free service to upload, provide, create, or store content (including recordings of conversations), and this “user content” may contain or be associated with your personal information or personal information pertaining to others. As described in more detail below, RingCentral only processes user content as reasonably necessary to provide our services or as required by law.
- We may receive personal information about you from a business or commercial partner. For example, we may receive personal information from third-party service providers that you have linked to your use of our service (including social media accounts, single-sign-on services, and scheduling applications), publicly available sources, data enrichment vendors, payment and delivery service vendors, advertising networks, analytics providers, and our business partners.
Recordings: An account holder hosting a meeting may choose to record the session, and if so, the host is responsible for obtaining any required consent from you. RingCentral helps hosts obtain consent from other users by providing visual and audio cues to alert users of a recording.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
- RingCentral or any of its worldwide affiliates consistent with this Notice. A list of our current group companies is available here https://www.ringcentral.com/whyringcentral/contactus.html
- Business partners, contractors, vendors, and authorized third party agents, to:
- Operate, deliver, improve and customize our Services
- Provide support and technical services;
- Send marketing and other operational communications related to our Services;
- Enforce our acceptable use policy;
- Conduct analytics in order to better the user experience and improve our Services
- Provide offers and advertisements to account holders based on their interests and interactions with us.
- Any third parties as part of or in connection with an actual or prospective corporate business transaction, such as a sale, merger, acquisition, joint venture, financing, corporate change, reorganization or insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership;
- Law enforcement agencies, regulatory or governmental bodies, or other third parties in order to respond to legal process, comply with any legal obligation; protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of third parties; or prevent or investigate wrongdoing in connection with the Services;
- Other third parties with your consent.
- Access: You can request more information about the personal data we hold about you. You can request a copy of your personal data.
- Rectification: If you believe that any personal data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement the data. If you are an account holder you can correct some of this information directly by logging into your account. Please contact us as soon as possible if you notice any inaccuracy or incompleteness.
- Objection: You can let us know that you object to the collection or use of your personal data for certain purposes.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your personal data from our systems. You can also delete some of this information directly by logging into your Service account, if you are an account holder.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your personal data. (This just means you can ask us to stop using it for what we have been using it for.) This may mean that we have to delete your account.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your personal data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to someone else where it’s technically possible.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If you have consented to our use of personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time. Any such decision will not affect any processing that has already occurred nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance of lawful processing grounds other than consent. Withdrawing your consent may mean your access to the Services will be limited or suspended, and your accounts may be terminated, as applicable. Where you withdraw your consent, but we are using your information because we or a third party have a legitimate interest in doing so, or we have different legal basis for using your information (for example, fulfilling a contract with you), we may continue to process your information, subject to your rights to access and control your information.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about RingCentral’s practices with respect to your personal data with the supervisory authority of an EU Member State or the California Attorney General.
- Information identifying each third-party company to whom we may have disclosed, within the past year, personal information pertaining to you for our own direct marketing purposes; and
- A description of the categories of personal information disclosed.
- The categories of personal information that we have collected or shared about you in the preceding 12 months,
- The categories of sources from which we have collected that information in the preceding 12 months
- The commercial or business reason(s) we have collected or shared that information,
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared or to whom we have sold that information in the preceding 12 months, and
- Pursuant to a verifiable request, the specific pieces of information that we have collected about you.
Unsubscribe from our mailing list
We give you the choice of receiving a variety of information related to our Apps and Services. You can manage your communication preferences through the following methods:
- By following the instructions included in each promotional email from us to unsubscribe from marketing emails.
- Sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by
- Visiting https://go.ringcentral.com/subscription-center.html
International Data Transfers
Updates to the Notice