Microsoft® Outlook® Integration
Install the RingCentral Softphone for complete integration with Microsoft Office® and Microsoft Outlook.
Consolidate voice and fax messages directly into Outlook
- Share information by forwarding message attachments by email to clients or employees.
- RingOut, a click-to-call feature, allows you to call numbers from your Outlook contact list, email signatures, Web pages, or documents.
Send faxes directly from any Microsoft Windows® application
- Simply choose RingCentral Internet Fax from your list of printers.
- Send fax documents by email—just attach docs to an email to the recipient’s 10-digit fax number @rcfax.com.
- You can also fax a variety of supported document formats using Softphone.
Automatically identify callers as Outlook contacts
- See and hear the names of Outlook contacts who call or fax when using Softphone.
- The Auto-Receptionist will read Outlook contact names before accepting calls.
- Choose to have the Auto-Receptionist bypass screening for Outlook contacts.
What does Microsoft Outlook Integration mean?
- Integration offers RingCentral users a host of new capabilities.
- RingCentral communication services are tied into Microsoft Office applications, such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- From a Word document, for example, users can click RingCentral Internet Fax from the toolbar to convert the document to a fax and send it out.
- Instantly call a contact by clicking RingOut from an Outlook toolbar—as well as send a fax from any application.
How do I install Microsoft Outlook integration?
- To get Microsoft Outlook integration, as well as integrated fax, download and install the free real-time call management tool, Softphone.
What are the system requirements for installing Microsoft Outlook integration?
The system requirements for Microsoft Outlook integration are as follows:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7
- Pentium or above processor or compatible
- Minimum of 512MB of memory
- 200MB of hard drive space
- Mac OS 10.4 Tiger or later
- G4 500 Mhz or any Intel processor
- 512 MB of memory
- 30 MB of hard drive space
How can I dial my Outlook contacts from Outlook?
- RingOut is also integrated with Outlook so you can click the RingOut button on your Outlook toolbar to instantly connect to a contact.
- A RingOut pop-up will appear on your computer screen.
- Choose the number you’re currently using (Current location) and click Call to connect to the contact.
Can I send faxes straight from Microsoft Office applications?
- Yes. Because RingCentral is integrated with Microsoft Office, you can send a fax directly from any Microsoft Office toolbar, such as Word or Excel in addition to Outlook.
How can I open my voicemail and faxes from Outlook?
- If someone dials your RingCentral number and leaves a voicemail or fax for you, you can open it from Outlook.
- Voicemail and faxes can be sent to you as email attachments in your Outlook inbox or to any email account you’re using.