Have complete control over your phone system with call screening. You get to see all the details on whoever is calling so you can decide whether to answer, reject or send the call to voicemail. This feature also allows you to block specific numbers from calling you based on Caller ID or area code. Likewise, you can set a list of allowed numbers for times when you have to limit the number of incoming calls to your office. You can also view the “hidden” numbers of telemarketers so you can block and prevent them from calling you again.
See and hear who’s calling >>
- Before an incoming call is connected, caller ID information appears on your phone’s display and on Softphone™
- Configure your company auto-receptionist to prompt callers for their name so you can identify the caller
- Choose answer an incoming call, reject it or send it directly to voicemail
- Hear which department or extension an inbound call is coming into before you pick up.
Block unwanted calls forever >>
- Permanently block specific numbers so they can never bother your company again
- Softphone displays telemarketers’ hidden numbers and makes it easy to add them to your company block list
- Block entire area codes, or alternatively, define a list of allowed numbers
Reply with text-to-speech messages >>
How does RingCentral Call Screening differ from Caller ID? >>
You can also hear callers’ names. When you set up your system so that callers are prompted to state their names before the call is transferred to you, those names will be broadcast to you through your computer speakers or your telephone. When you know who’s calling you, and then are given flexible options to handle the call, you can better manage your time.
If I’m on the road with my cell phone, how will I know who’s calling me? >>
How does call screening work when I’m online? >>
What is Softphone? >>
Can I block calls? >>
Details:When a call comes in to your RingCentral number, the auto-attendant identifies the call and sends the number or name of the caller to your phone’s display or our exclusive Softphone pop-up window on your computer. You can also have the auto-attendant ask a caller to state his or her name, which you will hear through your computer speakers or by phone when the call is sent to you for screening.
Since RingCentral is completely integrated with Microsoft Outlook, when one of your Outlook Contacts calls, you will see the person’s name as the screening information.
Whether on phone or computer, you’ll have the option to answer the call, reject it or send it to voicemail, or you can type a quick reply that will be translated to audio and read to your caller by our auto-attendant’s computer-generated voice.
Your RingCentral Call Screening is only one of many features included with your virtual phone system. You can begin by using only your Call Screening and start using additional features as your business needs require. The richness of RingCentral business communication features gives you the competitive edge you need to grow your business.