Benefits of RingCentral for Desktop:
Comprehensive communications solution
- Multiple email and login options let you use your corporate email, Gmail, or RingCentral credentials for quick access without memorizing more passwords.
- Plug in a headset and use RingCentral for Desktop to call, text, and fax from your computer.
- HD voice delivers crisp, clear sound.*
- Secure voice prevents unauthorized interception of audio streams.
- Easily start an audio conference or online meeting with one click.
- Access Glip by RingCentral for efficient team collaboration, file sharing, and task management with your colleagues.
- Access your company directory and see your colleagues’ availability for a chat or call.
- Sync your personal contacts across desktop and mobile apps. Calling and texting any of your contacts is only a mouse click away.
- RingCentral for Desktop seamlessly integrates with Microsoft® Office and Outlook® applications, so you can call, text, or fax your contacts from within Office.**
- Connect your Google, Microsoft Outlook, or Mac iCal calendars with RingCentral’s Join Now feature. Get a reminder on any upcoming event directly from your RingCentral app. One click to instantly join an online meeting or conference call.
Intuitive interface and advanced call management
- The user-friendly design provides easy management of your calls, faxes, and texts.
- Messages instantly sync with your account, so you can stay on top of your communications.
- Single view of current call, incoming calls, and calls on hold. Options to switch calls, send to voicemail, or add the caller to a conference.
- Easy-to-use call control functions in the app enable you to make blind/warm call transfers, park and retrieve calls in the cloud, flip calls on the fly, record calls, and more. Quick call control from select headsets is also supported.***
- Add up to six people to an existing call, or split the calls at any time.
- Screen incoming calls, ignore calls, send callers to voicemail, or reply to callers with default or personalized messages.
- Handle calls more efficiently by viewing multiple incoming calls on one screen, with options to answer the call or send the caller to voicemail.
- Reply to calls with one click. Block numbers. View faxes. Listen to voice messages—everything is at your fingertips.
- Record call on the fly for playback within your call log or download for offline access.
- From a conversation thread, automatically start a RingCentral conference. This invitation will be sent to all conversation participants.
- Through push notifications, users are notified of missed calls without having to open up the app.
Head-up display (HUD)
- Single interface to view up to 100 user extensions with real-time presence, and efficiently manage multiple incoming calls from the desktop.
- Easily add, delete, and drag-n-drop extensions within the display; the list automatically synchronizes across RingCentral for Desktop and desk phones.
- Answer multiple calls, quickly transfer calls, add a caller to an existing conference, park calls, and pick up calls on behalf of other extensions.
- Efficient call monitoring directly within HUD.* Allow supervisors to listen in, coach staff, join calls, or take over the conversation.
- Communicate within seconds, sending text messages to anyone in your company.
Business SMS and MMS
- Use your business phone number to text anyone directly from your computer.
- Send a single text communication without the headache of hitting the number of character limit.
- Click phone numbers in text messages to dial, or click URLs to open them in a browser window.
- Send group texts to colleagues or departments, and view conversations in one text thread.
- Exchange text messages with Emoji support among colleagues and any number.
- Send and receive multimedia files such as images and videos, and view previews inline.
Voice conferencing and online meetings
- Start an audio conference or online meeting from RingCentral for Desktop without using separate applications.
- Send invitations with international dial-in numbers via email or text message.
- Participants using RingCentral for Desktop or a mobile device can easily join conference calls from text invitations.
- Add callers anytime during a conference call.
*Features are available with RingCentral Office Premium and Enterprise editions.
**Integration with Microsoft Office available for RingCentral for Desktop for Windows® only (requires Microsoft Outlook 2010 or later).
***RingCentral for Desktop supports select Plantronics headsets that allow users to control calls directly from their headsets, such as mute, hold, pickup, hand up, and next call. Feature availability may vary depending on model of headsets.
RingCentral for Desktop FAQs:
What are the system requirements for installing RingCentral for Desktop?
For Windows 7 (or later):
- 2 GHz processor
- Minimum of 1 GB of RAM
- 300 MB of hard drive space
For Mac OS X® 10.8 Mountain Lion (or later):
- Intel® processor
- Minimum of 1 GB of RAM
- 300 MB of hard drive space
Will the messages in RingCentral for Desktop sync with the messages in my account online?
- Yes. All calls, faxes, and voicemails are synchronized instantly. Text messages will synchronize with your RingCentral mobile app as well.