Log in to a shared RingCentral desk phone—and use it like your own—with access to your personal extension, saved settings, voicemail, and more.
Benefits of hot desking:
Provides a more personalized and familiar phone experience
- Allows employees to access their own extensions, profiles, voicemail, and other phone features while using shared hot desk phones in different offices.
Lets users place secure, high-quality calls from more locations
- Easy to learn and use, the hot desking feature lets employees quickly log in to any shared phone from wherever they’re working.
Boosts productivity company-wide
- Lets field sales and remote employees stay connected with a hot desking phone when visiting different offices.
Preserves emergency service capabilities
- Although shared phones do not support inbound or outbound calls without a user being logged in, calls to emergency services can still be made by anyone.
Reduces your investment in facilities and hardware
- Maximizes usage per phone by allowing employees with flexible schedules, remote workers, and those traveling on business to use shared phones while working on premise.
Hot desking FAQs:
Which types of RingCentral accounts include hot desking?
- Hot desking is available at no additional charge to all RingCentral Office Premium and Enterprise customers in the US and Canada.
Do I pay more for a phone enabled with hot desking?
- No. The price is the same.
Which RingCentral phones support hot desking?
RingCentral currently supports hot desking on the following Polycom models:
– VVX 310
– VVX 410
– VVX 410 with one extension module
– VVX 500 with one extension module
Support for additional models will be announced as it becomes available.
Can I use an existing RingCentral phone as a shared phone with hot desking?
- Yes. If you have an unassigned Polycom VVX 310, VVX 410, or VVX 500 phone, an admin can convert it to a shared phone from their online account.
How do I make and receive calls from a shared hot desking phone?
- Simply press the “login” soft key (or *90) and enter your extension and PIN. The phone will adopt your extension settings and be ready to use.
Can the previous user be logged out of a shared phone if they forgot to do it themselves?
- Shared phones have a default session timeout of 12 hours. An admin can also log out a specific shared phone anytime from their online account.